Last night in Buraimi! And all is set; packed the bags, had our last juice from the jucie stand last night, took our last walk in the sunset, said by to a couple of friends, booked a taxi for tomorrow, paid the last bills, ate our last cheetos, eaten the last crumb in the fridge, sprayed the last cockroach... Tomorrow morning we'll get our deposit back on the villa (inshallah), hand in the keys, wait for the taxi dude to show up, go to Wadi Jizzi to exit Oman, and then back through the Al Ain border, off to the airport. We have a night flight, but we're heading out early anyway, in case something would go wrong (fingers crossed!). Hang out t the airport or maaaaybe head into town to take a lat look at Burg al Khalifa (the tallest building in the world).
I'm sooo happy I came here. I almost stayed back in Sweden, just because we thought it would be a problem to find work here for me, and it was a bit of a problem. But at the end I ended up like Hugh Grant's character in the movie "About a Boy" where in one scene he says - "a job? I don't have time to work." I'm amazed by how I found things to do to fill up my time here, when not having a full time job. Productive things I wish to highlight. Like deciding the style of the wedding dress after nearly endless search on the net (these things take a LOT of time), and other planning for the wedding. And also completing my two photo projects by setting up a couple of blogs.
So this is it. My last blog post. I'll still reamin jobless when we arrive in Swede, so perhaps I'll keep this blog and change Buraimi to Lund... Haanshof el dunya meshya izzay (let's see how the world turns).
I'm sooo happy I came here. I almost stayed back in Sweden, just because we thought it would be a problem to find work here for me, and it was a bit of a problem. But at the end I ended up like Hugh Grant's character in the movie "About a Boy" where in one scene he says - "a job? I don't have time to work." I'm amazed by how I found things to do to fill up my time here, when not having a full time job. Productive things I wish to highlight. Like deciding the style of the wedding dress after nearly endless search on the net (these things take a LOT of time), and other planning for the wedding. And also completing my two photo projects by setting up a couple of blogs.
So this is it. My last blog post. I'll still reamin jobless when we arrive in Swede, so perhaps I'll keep this blog and change Buraimi to Lund... Haanshof el dunya meshya izzay (let's see how the world turns).
No comments:
Post a Comment